© CalverleyInfo 2001-2022 - all rights reserved. This page last updated May 2, 2022

Bramley St Peter's Parish Records



St Peter's was built between 1861 and 1863, to replace an earlier church, St Margaret's Chapel, which was a chapel within Leeds parish.
Dry rot was discovered in 1975 and in 2015, the new floor also succumbed to rot. Today it stands empty and unused.
Records can be found from 1717 then there is a five year gap and then the records are regular and well written. There many variations in names but we have left them mainly as they are. So be aware of spelling variations (EG For SHIRES we also have Shears, Shieirs, Sheirs).