The first poll for municipal councillors in the Borough of Leeds was
held on Saturday 26th December 1835. In Farnley 101 men were entitled
to vote. The polling station was at The Beulah Inn and was presided
over by John Ray. William Hill was landlord of the Beulah at that time.
1932 Voting Reform.
The Act extended the voting franchise. Apart from resident landowners, in borough constituencies all male householders paying at least £10 a year remt were given the right to vote – a measure which introduced to all boroughs a standardised form of franchise for the first time.
The table below shows the Farnley landowners and residents who fulfilled the requirements.