St John's Parish Church Records
St John's Church, Farsley
The Parish Church for Farsley is dedicated to
St. John the Evangelist. It was erected in 1842 at the low cost of £1,893,
obtained from monies raised by the efforts of the vicar of Calverley,
the Rev. Samuel Redhead, who laid the foundation stone.
The Church was consecrated by CHARLES THOMAS, LORD BISHOP OF RIPON
27th October 1843 and by act of parliament was made a new parish.
The church has undergone a great deal of work in its short life due
to subsidence, including a total rebuild of the tower in 1895.