All Saints Chapel & St Lawrence Baptisms
The baptism entries here include those for the ancient
All Saints chapel extracted from the Calverley registers. Not all Pudsey
baptisms can be identified, so many events performed at Pudsey will
be found in the Calverley registers or may be duplicated in both pages.
Pudsey baptisms were entered separately from 1755.
For those baptisms after 1837, wherever possible, the reference to
the birth registration for that individual at Leeds Register Office
has been included. Fields with # and ? are items undergoing checking.
Also included are the records from St James Mission Church in the Pudsey Waterloo area.
The first of these mission churches was named St James, Waterloo Mission, and stood from 1885 to 1915
at the bottom of Cromack View. The second of the mission churches was named St James Church Woodhall
with Waterloo, which stood from 1915 to 1959 a short distance away on Waterloo Road.