calverley

© CalverleyInfo 2001-2014 - all rights reserved. This page last updated January 1, 2014

Calverley Nonconformist Church Records

 

 

Calverley had a class in the Methodist Society and membership is known from 1781 to 1802.

The first Methodist Chapel in Calverley was erected in 1832. In 1861, a new chapel was erected on Clarke St and the first marriage took place there in 1876.

In 1872, the Primitive Methodists opened Park Chapel (photo).

The Calverley Wesleyan Chapel was renamed Calverley Trinity Chapel in 1933.

The Trinity Chapel was demolished in 1943 when the Trinity Chapel and Park Chapel joined to became Calverley Methodist Church.

Trinity Chapel conducted it's own marriages from 1909. The reference number refers to the registration held at Leeds Register Office. Park Chapel, later Calverley Methodist Church, conducted it's own marriages from 1929.