© CalverleyInfo 2001-2013 - all rights reserved. This page last updated January 5, 2014

St Cuthbert's, Pateley Bridge

Baptisms | Marriages | Burials
Pateley Bridge St Cuthberts

St Cuthberts, Pateley Bridge


The church of Pateley Bridge was a chapelry in Ripon parish, originally dedicated to St Mary. Due to the poor condition of St Marys, the current church was built and dedicated to St Cuthbert. The new church was opened on Oct. 7th 1827 with a sermon from St John 1 Chapter 47 Verse by Rev. T U Stoney.

Known records begin in 1551.