Farsley
Back Lane Wesleyan Methodist Church Records |
Non-conformist
records | Parish Church Records |
|
The first chapel was built in Back Lane, Farsley in
1827. The new chapel was built in 1844 at a cost of £1250. After
1848, the church split into two groups, the reformists and the loyalists,
of which the reformists were the larger group. They took over the old
chapel at Back Lane in 1851, and in 1852 bought the new chapel as well.
The church split formally in 1857 when the reformists became the United
Methodist Free Church. The Wesleyan loyalists were without a chapel
until 1865, when Town St Chapel was built. The churches were re-united
in two amalgamations in 1901 and 1932.
The church and its graveyard have disappeared under new developments. No burial register seems to have survived though there are some records of memorial inscriptions.
|
| |